Sunday, July 1, 2007

How Teachers View Technology

After reading this article, I wasn't surprised with the survey results it was reporting. It reported that "most teachers believe the use of computer technology translates into higher student achievement and improved parent-teacher communication." I also view computers as a valuable teaching tool that can improve students academic performance and attention class. I continue to educate myself and "step out of my box" to find different ways to use technology in the classroom. Communication with my students' parents have increased for those that have access to the Internet. It is very easy to e-mail parents and I usually get a quick response back. I also like when parents e-mail me about questions or when they drop a message to let me know things that may be happening at home. I do agree that students who have access to computers at home have an advantage over those that don't. They are more knowledgeable about computers in general and know how to research information very easily on the World Wide Web. We also have grades posted on-line so parents have quick, easy, and immediate access to their child's grades. I like it not only as a teacher, but also as a parent.

No comments: