Sunday, July 1, 2007

Area Schools Draw Clear Line

I found this article to be very interesting and saddening. It scares me to know that some of my former students may be involved in such bullying tactics. I've heard so many bad things that occur from being on My Space.com that I don't even want my own child on that site. I don't think that my third grade students would cyber-bully, but technology is changing and so are the ways of bullying and children catch on very fast when it comes to technology and finding their way around the Internet. I can see cyber-bullying happening more with middle and high school students, but I wouldn't put it past upper elementary students in doing the same. What scares me the most is my own child possibly getting cyber-bullied! My school doesn't have a bullying policy when it comes to electronic harassment, but knowing my principal, I expect this to be discussed when I return to school in August. I think that it would be very important for my school district to have this type of policy and I will be addressing my daughter's school on the subject also.

2 comments:

Bruce F. said...

I have read your entire blog. it is very well done.

Unknown said...

I agree with you that cyberbullying is a problem and our schools need to be addressing it more than they are.